Writing Center Responsible
What is Writing Center?
- Writing Center is a center established by İstinye University Foreign Languages to enable you to obtain feedback on your essays.
- You can get an appointment only during workdays between 10:00 and 16:30. During national holidays and weekends, you are not allowed to get an appointment.
How does it work?
- Once you have an appointment, you and the instructor that is assigned to you meet and work on your essays.
- One appointment lasts 30 minutes. Do not be late. The later you are, the shorter your appointment will get.
- Writing Center is only for receiving feedback, it is not a center to write an essay from the beginning; therefore, you should have already written your essays before you meet your instructor.
- You can get maximum 2 appointments a day. You are not allowed to choose a specific instructor.
How do you get an appointment?
- You need to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying the date and the time you prefer for your appointment. The e-mails without the date and the time will be ignored.
- When you receive a confirmation e-mail with the details of your appointment, you are ready for the appointment. If you don’t get any confirmation e-mails, that means you do not have it.
- You should send your request e-mail at least 24 hours before your appointment. If you miss 2 appointments (no matter what your excuse is), you are not allowed to have appointment request during the relevant term.
- When you have an appointment, you cannot change the date and the time.
A Sample E-mail: Please use the template below in order to get an appointment. Be sure you include every information below in your e-mails.
Dear Writing Center, My name is ___________________________________. I want to have an appointment on DD/MM/YY ______ (day/month/year)_______ at _________ o’clock. Kind regards.
Dear Writing Center, My name is Ayşe Yılmaz. I want to have an appointment on 29/05/20 at 13:00 o’clock. Kind regards.